Thursday, November 10, 2005

I just found this.

I just found this, written by a psychiatrist, on someone else's blog:

"However: I think when someone is focusing energy on maintaining ties with people they once dated, etc. it means a real ambivalence about the level of commitment that person has to their current partner. It means he wants to keep his options open. It doesn't mean a lack of love, but it means he doesn't want to send the clear message: You are the most important person in my life and that's all I really care about."

This is exactly what I mean when I say I think it's weird and uncomfortable that my ex tries so hard to keep close ties with me even though it's been nearly 7 years since we dated. I don't hate him or have any hard feelings and I think he's truly a nice and decent guy. I would even venture to say I valued and learned a lot from the relationship we had. I was so young, he was my first love, and that shaped me.

But he's married now! I have always wondered what his new wife thinks of my lingering presence in his life and this past weekend at the reception, well, I asked her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home