Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I guess it's also known as a hangover.

Today, I'm tired. And graced with nausea.

The surprise Valentine's dinner last night was a good surprise indeed! We went to LoLa. I'd been wanting to go there for ages, but you know....could never justify the expediture. Plus, we've got soooooo many Mexican-fusiony places in Denver and so many Mexican joints that are good and cheap.

But LoLa was delish. I started out with a margarita, sucked it down in about 5 minutes, and had another. Kevin had a caiprihana (if that's how you spell it). I don't know what was in it, but damn...it was yummy. We had mussels for an appetizer and chips with homemade guacamole. And when I say homemade, I mean that they wheeled a cart right over to our table and made it right there. For dinner I had BBQ shrimp (which was tastier than it sounds) over poblano grits. Grits! Kevin had a good fish called hebi.

Springing for good food is so worth it. The flavors are exquisite and the service is always so flawless.

After dinner, we stopped by My Brother's Bar for a nightcap and a smoke. I had two cosmopolitans and 3 cigarettes. I also befriended the not-a-couple at the table next to us, as I am apt to do. I got their life stories in about 10 minutes. I can't help it, I know all the right questions to ask.

Now I'm sitting here like a bump on a log, all unmotivated and useless. I have a craving for something totally unhealthy, like a burrito from Chipotle. My head hurts. I feel like crap. I guess it's also known as a hangover.

Anyway, can I go home now? Me so sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home