Thursday, February 09, 2006

Popping and pooping.

I'm having some serious issues with my neck this morning. It doesn't quite feel like I pulled it, though that's entirely possible. It's a pain that extends up into my head and is exacerbated (one of my favorite words y'all!) whenever I nod or turn from side to side. Go to a chiropractor, you say? I did that once. It was scary....I seriously can't handle the cracking and popping. HEEBIEJEEBIES!

Maybe a massage. Ummmm, that sounds good. There's a delightful spa where I get my goods waxed...I am thinking of springing for the couples fireside massage for Valentine's Day. Too predictable? K has never ever had a professional massage. Maybe I should let him experience it alone, just in case he has a "reaction" and I see it and suppress wild and uncontrollable giggles, thus ruining the experience. HEY- no one ever said my mind wasn't in the gutter! What are you guys doing for the big V? K is taking me out for dinner...I don't know where, it's a surprise. I'm dying to know.

This week is the week I've been writing all my eats and drinks and poops down for Jenn, the soon-to-be nutritional therapist. I can say it's definitely helped curb my bad habits.....I didn't eat those french fries because I didn't want to have to look at the words "French Fries" on my log. I have been working out everyday just so the exercise line isn't blank. I've been chugging tons of water just so I can circle a W for each 8 oz. consumed.

My eating, however, is entirely boring. I eat the same shit everyday. Yogurt for breakfast, banana for snack, salad or soup for lunch, some fake soy product with dinner, more wine at night than I am willing to write down (but I do anyway). I hope I give her some good material to work with. I am suspecting that as healthy as I think I eat, there's going to be some adjustments to make. Not only am I trying to lose weight, but I'm also trying to control my anxiety and monitor my --ahem--digestive habits. This morning I joked with Kev that what if I had to write down everytime I passed gas? He said my log would be [------- this thick--------]. Ha.

In any case, I'm basically getting a free consultation and I'm down with that. I hope that just because we're friends Jenn doesn't sugar-coat anything. I need to hear it, poop patterns and all.

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Ariel said...

You should check out sparkpeople.com. It's a moderately well-designed food diary/diet advice site. Helps you track calories and fat and protein and carbs and stuff.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Rosie said...

thanks! it looks a pretty interesting site, a lot going on....but helpful. i'm so into this stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home