Some stuff before I get on my merry lunching way.
- I have to purchase TWO wedding presents for the TWO weddings we're going to next weekend. I'm not really close with either of the couples, so it's Bed, Bath, and Beyond for some plastic kitchen supplies and navy blue soap holders. I have never bought anything off someone's registry before because I thought it was, well, thoughtless and generic. But now, I am admittedly a little thankful for the convenience. Just for the record: I will force my own wedding guests to use a little originality. I might just request handmade gifts only, just for the sheer indulgence of seeing what goodies people come up with!
- It's been raining and storming everyday at precisely the time I get off work, 5 PM, for the past 3 days. Stop, already.
- So I just call to make a doctor appointment and guess what? My doctor is no longer with Kaiser. This is like the 3rd doctor I've had that's left. How is a girl supposed to get any decent consistent health care?
- I got pulled over this morning by the po-po and didn't get a ticket! It's my charming morning demeanor, I'm certain.
- I had a really bizarre dream last night about steak and my neighbor having diarrhea. I'm sure you probably don't want to hear about it.
- I have no plans yet for this weekend. Hallelujah.
- I lazily watched some really bad TV last night. The Runaway Bride interview with Katie Couric and Who Wants to be a Hilton. I sort of liked the Hilton one, mainly because I am a stickler for etiquette. But when I tried to hold my wine glass by the stem, like you're supposed to, I spilled it all over the couch. Luckily, K was not home to chastise me. Lucy just licked it right on up for me and all was fine and wine-free again. I then made mushroom turnovers and continued to take advantage of K's absence and the bad TV by watching two back-to-back episodes of the Golden Girls!
- I think I want a burrito bowl for lunch.
OK, that's it. For now.