Sunday, September 18, 2005

Weekend run-down.

I accomplished what I set out to accomplish this weekend: NOTHING!

Ok, that's totally untrue--it just sounded good.

Friday night Kevin and I went out to dinner at Bang, a yummskiddlyumtious restaurant in our trendy 'hood. It was tasty alright, but seeing as the menu only consists of about 3 entrees I can eat, I'd say I'm done with Bang for awhile.

After a "nightcap" of a vodka tonic and cigarette, with dashed hopes of playing a game of pool, we rode our bikes home and watched a very compelling, but most disturbing, movie--The Magdalene Sisters. I'd say it touched Kevin's Catholic upbringing something good (actually, there is nothing good about the asylums featured in the movie, but you'll have to watch it for yourselves.)

Saturday, oh Saturday....how did I spend thee? Oh yes, ate a grilled veggie omelette, relaxed in the sunshine and finished my DOG BOOK, ran errands (to PetsMart and Home Depot--how grown up and suburbia-like!), and RAN 5 MILES! I forgot my inhaler, so my exercise-induced asthma kicked-in and I struggled upon arriving home. But 5 miles! I needed that shit.

Last night I watched Kevin watch football (god, months left of this!), read, and crashed early. This morning I read the Sunday paper, talked to both Sara(h)s, washed the sheets, went for another, but shorter, run, and went to the mall. Yuck--the MALL! I can't belive how many people I saw there wearing my favorite pants! My Urban Outfitters gaucho coolattes! They're so comfy--I LIVE in mine. No trend is gonna keep me from these gems. While at the mall I actually purchased another long black pair.....but for half the price of Urban Outfitters at this cheeseball clothing store called Forever 21. Whatevs.....for half the price, I'd buy these knickers at fucking WAL-MART!

Now I'm sitting at home, sipping wine, and right now I actually have a BIG confession to make to you:

I'm watching Laguna Beach on MTV. And I'm liking it.

Granted, a lot of it makes me want to vomit, but in another way--it's strangely holding my attention. I was never that cute as a teen. Are they teens? I don't know. If I had a teenage daughter I would NOT let her near this bullshit. But as a twenty-something who's fairly confident and secure in her own identity, I'm going to indulge.

Just please don't judge me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home