Friday, November 18, 2005

You know, the normal stuff.

Well, how about that. Here we are again, killing that last hour until I'm set free for TWO WHOLE DAYS! I love weekends. I also love that next week is a short week. The kind of week where you don't get much done because hey, it's a holiday week.

We're doing something different this year for Turkey Day. While we will miss our usual Thanksgiving buds tremendously (Hi Mark, Sunya, and Mrs. T! We'll try to play some Jenga and eat Kevin's homemade green bean casserole in your honor!), we will be spending the holidays with my OTHER family - Em, Sara, and Megan (and corresponding men). I can't believe that in 6 years of all of us living out here I have never eaten a Thanksgiving meal with them. So, if you're wondering where rosalicious, k-dog, and lulie-bird are feasting on the day of giving thanks, we'll be up in snowy Frisco, CO....after running the Turkey Trot, that is. Now that's what I call a guilt-free Thanksgiving meal!

I organized a happy hour for after work today. I purposely left certain individuals off the email invite--so "office politics" of me, I know. But if you can't be bothered to at least mumble a "Good Morning" back when I pass you in the hall, then I can't be bothered to deal with your snobby presence over dollar beers at a dive bar. (Not like you'd come anyway.) I don't understand how people can be so blatantly rude. Even if I don't care for someone I still manage to exchange pleasantries- in the south that's what we call MANNERS.

I have a hard time being mean and petty. This may come as a shocker to some of you, I know. But I do feel guilty and truly want to be nice and friendly to everyone...and I do try. I can't help that I have a fiery streak that comes out every so often. (Again, shocker....but this time in the sarcastic sense). Like at the Front Porch the other night...I swear, that place brings on some serious aggression. Once I had a guy who was being rude to me denied entrance. The other night, I sprung around on my bar stool and called some chick a fucking bitch. A girl fight was about to ensue! Apparently she was being a difficult patron to my bartender friend. Which is no excuse really....but I was rearing to go. I have never been bitch-slapped, nor do I ever want to be....but I definitely think I could hold my own. For a little while at least.

Speaking of fighting, I'll let you in on a little secret: I am addicted to The OC. I can't help it! That show rocks my immature socks off. Kevin hates it, of course, and makes fun of Ryan Atwood for always getting into fights. Well, last night I informed Kevin that he should be proud--the whole episode dealt with Ryan properly channeling his anger and using his head instead of his hands. And to no avail, I tried to explain to Kevin the whole Ryan Atwood good-guy persona and that he really fights evil (Oh my god did I just say that?!?? How George Bush of me.), but you know....like Kevin really gives a shit. Like you really give a shit, right?

Kevin is currently on the whole "shows like The OC and Laguna Beach are ruining society" kick, and while I don't disagree with him, he needs to lighten up a little--right baby? As Jonathan so eloquently put it, "it is what it is." May I make you laugh by telling you that Kevin threatened to force-feed me McDonald's and kidnap me to Wal-Mart if I keep watching this crap? HA!

I was just waiting for an opportunity to tell Kev to lighten up because after all, yesterday morning he informed me I needed to lighten up about my zit! Impossible...this thing's a honker. I was in near tears over it.

I've got other stuff happening, but this is all you get for now. My office needs tidying before the weekend. (Yes, I know. I can't help myself.)

Happy happy, to you and yours.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Milton Falcon said...

I like your blog

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Jess.I think kevin is right about shows like the OC and LOST and all that crap. If checking your e-mail incessently makes you dumber, what do you think shows like that do to you? Kill the TV, stick to netflix.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Rosie said...

If you want to look at it that way, pretty much anything in the modern world has the potential to make you dumber....

It's how aware you are of it and what do you do to make yourself SMARTER that matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home