Monday, September 18, 2006

A good girl weekend. Where's my cookie?

Le weekend was nice and tame. Bleh.....nice and tame. Dude. I must be following my rules!

But it was nice. After work Saturday, I picked up Lucy's friend Jane, who stayed with us this weekend. They tussled and romped for TWO DAYS STRAIGHT. Lucy is now experiencing a serious puppy hangover and is first in line for some serious bath action tonight.


Kev watched college football like a freaking mad man and since I hate football, I laid outside in the hammock and read and watched the pups roll and frolick in the back yard. Please forgive the sexy-come-hither look in this pic....


Saturday night we went to the Blake Street Tavern for the Tennessee game (if we're gonna watch sports, it may as well be out at a bar where there is more to watch than the TV!). I had Pinot Noir and K had beer. We split nachos.

Sunday we awoke to more puppy tussling and decided the dogs needed some exercise. Hell, THIS dog needed some exercise =) So we headed up to Gross Reservoir outside of Boulder and hiked around Kevin's "jurisdiction" so the dogs could run off leash. It pays to know USFS officers!


I know this road makes the hike look easy and lame, but it was not. There was serious hill-climbing and bush-wacking....it was also super windy and kinda cold. Once we got to this road, we stopped to rest and snap pics. Anyway, here I am, a big dork matching her surroundings:


Baby talk wells up in my throat looking at this picture. I just love this little girl! Look how cute she is running! Mama's little dingo!


And it wouldn't be a true dog hike without water to swim in:


Luckily Gross Reservoir is not, as the name implies, GROSS. If you live in Denver....you drink from it. Dogs are not allowed to swim in it so SHHHHHHH.

After getting home and showering (I fell and busted open my hand and it was all bloody), we ordered pizza and watched Wedding Crashers and were all (me, Kev, Lucy, Biggie Purrs, AND Jane) tucked into bed together by 9:30.

It was a pleasant good-girl wholesome weekend. I am pretty proud of myself.

3 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane is a Border Collie? Love those dogs...and of course I love her Lucyness as well.

Fun weekened, Rosalita!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

So I take it the Lucy fight has been resolved? And wow on the surroundings. SO beautiful!

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Sarcomical said...

oh my gosh SO CUTE (the dogs AND you) and i really want to visit where you live now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home