Monday, September 18, 2006

Wart update.

I already get enough hits from people googling "plantar's wart" as it is, but whatever- I may as well be a fucking expert by now. So wart talk with Rosie T. it is!

This morning I had yet another freeze treatment on the hideous plantar's wart that has permanently taken up residence in my foot.

I tell the nurse that we seriously need to go in for the kill this time, that I am DONE having this wart on my foot. Empowered by my agressive, no-nonsense attitude toward wart removal, she gets all excited and with each spray of the nitrogen tank says "AW YEAH! I think we got her this time!" or "That's it -I think that's the one!", like she is playing paintball, not spraying gaseous fumes upon my warty foot.

When she is all done with the 3-spray treatment she says, all serious and satisfied-like in her husky voice: We really nailed the hell out of it, Rosie.

And my god, I totally hope she's right.

4 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a gargantuan one in college (good old college communal showers!).

They had to dig it out..the roots went down 2 inches and I still have a bump on the bottom of my foot from the scar.

I was out of work for a week, tho! Something to consider?

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Rosie said...

I tried to make an appt in dermatology for the BIG DIG (haha) but Kaiser's new policy (they actually have a wart policy!) is that they don't do the surgical removal anymore....only freeze.

Mine isn't that deep- I can feel the end. I should just dig it out my damn self!!

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Film at 11..'Do It Yourself Surgery a la Rosie".

Save it for sweeps week, ok?

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

Ewww. I've so had those. They ended up having to cut them out of my feet. It was horrible. I'm sorry you are going through it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home