Friday, January 12, 2007

Cheater McGeater.

A quick note about resolutions:

I know. My list of resolutions is freakishly long. If I were the kind of person, who, say, sends herself into fits of depressed rage come the end of December for not getting each and every goddamn thing crossed off the year's resolution list, well...then I'd probably do best to limit my resolutions to a good one or two. The thing is....I LIKE having a lot of resolutions. I look at my list as a kind of road map for the year. I don't have to take every route.....you know, big fucking deal if I don't make that left turn down "take a hut trip" lane. The turn was there, I considered it, but for whatever reason it didn't happen, so what. In my eyes, I didn't fail....I just took a different way. I think making 10 gazillion resolutions is better than making none at all just because you're scared of failure.

/small, kinda preachy rant.

Now. That's not really where I wanted to go with all that, it just clearly had been stewing. I really wanted to come over here and say NANNY NANNY BOO BOO...I've already fulfilled a resolution! Look at me! Look how motivated and.....resolute I am! Look, look, have a look, WOULD YOU??

- Learn how to knit (finally!) and take a wine class.

Yep. I just enrolled us in a wine class called "Wines of the Southern Hemisphere." I am psyched! This class is all about the wines of South America, Autralia, and South Africa. I love me some serious Malbec! Yuuummmm, can't wait!

But, can I make just a tiny little confession?

Do you ever make a to-do list and then write something on it that's already been done just so you can go ahead and cross it off right away?

Yeah? Me too. I just did that.

Kevin gave me a gift certificate to The Cook Street School of Fine Cooking for my birthday, so I basically already knew the wine class was a shoe-in. I know, I'm such a cheater.....but I hope you'll admire my, ahem, RESOLVE just the same.

Happy Friday! Stay warm y'all!

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger hotdrwife said...

Ooooooooh! I have a certificate to Cook St. too. Which class are you taking? I'm nervous for some reason. Maybe I need the wine class first and then go ... sigh.

See you tomorrow.

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got my girlfriend one for christmas too. popular gift this year i guess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home