Wednesday, September 28, 2005

On the 6th day of autumn, I posted.

I just finished perhaps the most disturbing but insanely engrossing book ever--Running With Scissors. My lord! I hesitate to say any book is the "best" thing I've ever read, but this one's definitely up there. They tell their fortunes by looking at their TURDS, for heaven's sake. If you haven't read this, you MUST. It will make your own life seem like peaches on a warm Georgia day.

***

Emily just got married. Like, today! Like, 3 hours ago! Congratulations Em and Crawford! I'll be there soon to toast you on your nuptials! (Just as soon as I finish up with this here work wine-tasting.)

***

On the subjects of weddings, Patsy just emailed me and remarked that I sure have had a lot of weddings going on lately. True THAT, sister. True that.

***

It's fall all of the sudden in Colorado....BAM! Today is low-50s and rainy. Leaves are all over the yard, all over the porch. I'm wearing a sweater and thinking about what I'm going to be for Halloween.

***

I feel under the weather--physically and emotionally. Maybe it's the aforementioned weather. Don't get me wrong--I love a crisp autumn day in the 60s....but that's about it. I hate the cold. I hate wearing socks. I hate being inside. I hate wearing coats. I hate this zit on my chin.

While I am not about to discuss certain personal issues on the internet--or with anyone other than Kevin on this matter--I will say that my boyfriend really busts out some good advice when least expected. The boy has it going on. I know that sometimes I come across as the woman who acts likes she's God's gift to psychology, but I, too, need to hear certain things from the man I love the most.

And I feel so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home