Monday, November 28, 2005

.27 lbs a day.

I know nobody wants to read this shit, but bear with me.

I'm on a diet.

That's right. 10 lbs. GONE by January 3rd, that's the goal. (See above title-that's only .27 lbs a day!)

As shallow as this is going to sound, I'm going to say it anyway. As many of you know (because I can't seem to stop talking about it), we're heading to Jamaica for my 30th Birthday. Besides the obvious--that I have to sport a bathing suit...ideally a bikini--I know we'll be taking lots of pictures. I want to be able to look back at my 30th Birthday pictures later in life and go "Damn, I looked good at 30!"

Another reason- I look FAT in all of Emily's reception pictures. SHUT UP! I do too! To me anyway.

I posted a list of RULES on the fridge, much to Kevin's delight. Not that he thinks I need to lose any weight, but because he is very much a RULES follower.

Here they are:
- Must exercise at least 4x a week
- Must not eat after 7 PM
- Must drink 2 Nalgenes of H20 a day
- Must only snack on fruits and veggies
- Must refrain from cream and sugar in coffee- lowfat milk and splenda ONLY
- Must not go for seconds
- Must watch portion size
- Must not inhale chips and salsa upon arrival home from work
- Must not indulge in french fries
- And the HARDEST yet....no more than 7 glasses of wine a week!

I think these are some pretty good rules. I always fail at limiting myself to NO CARBS and this way I'm being realistic about it--I think I can eat normally....I just need to, well, eat less. I think making some small adjustments (the wine will be hard!) and upping the exercise will work, no?

If James Frey can stop drinking and smoking crack, I can certainly shed a few tummy rolls by the big birthday.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess here. Ro, I don't mean to be a downer but I have found that it is really hard to lose weight over a few months by trying to change your eating. I wish you all the luck in the world though. But my little tidbit of advice is this: try to work out 6-7 days a week for 1-2 hours/day (no 30 minute runs and calling it quits). It may sound psycho but it helps in more than 1 way. If you tell your self that the hour or two right after work is ALWAYS for exercise, it eliminates the chips and salsa and the 5pm cocktails. By the time you finish working out, it is dinner time but your metabolism is pumping and if you then don't eat after dinner, you're doing great. You aren't fat, by the way. And neither am I but I too will be in the carribean for new years so I am faced with the same icky pounds to shed by then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home