.27 lbs a day.
I know nobody wants to read this shit, but bear with me.
I'm on a diet.
That's right. 10 lbs. GONE by January 3rd, that's the goal. (See above title-that's only .27 lbs a day!)
As shallow as this is going to sound, I'm going to say it anyway. As many of you know (because I can't seem to stop talking about it), we're heading to Jamaica for my 30th Birthday. Besides the obvious--that I have to sport a bathing suit...ideally a bikini--I know we'll be taking lots of pictures. I want to be able to look back at my 30th Birthday pictures later in life and go "Damn, I looked good at 30!"
Another reason- I look FAT in all of Emily's reception pictures. SHUT UP! I do too! To me anyway.
I posted a list of RULES on the fridge, much to Kevin's delight. Not that he thinks I need to lose any weight, but because he is very much a RULES follower.
Here they are:
- Must exercise at least 4x a week
- Must not eat after 7 PM
- Must drink 2 Nalgenes of H20 a day
- Must only snack on fruits and veggies
- Must refrain from cream and sugar in coffee- lowfat milk and splenda ONLY
- Must not go for seconds
- Must watch portion size
- Must not inhale chips and salsa upon arrival home from work
- Must not indulge in french fries
- And the HARDEST yet....no more than 7 glasses of wine a week!
I think these are some pretty good rules. I always fail at limiting myself to NO CARBS and this way I'm being realistic about it--I think I can eat normally....I just need to, well, eat less. I think making some small adjustments (the wine will be hard!) and upping the exercise will work, no?
If James Frey can stop drinking and smoking crack, I can certainly shed a few tummy rolls by the big birthday.