Friday, July 21, 2006

I believe in karma.

Congratulations, you are now the proud recipient of BAD CRAIGSLIST KARMA.

Thanks for showing up last night, we really enjoyed waiting around for you.


Does the fact that I just emailed that to the chick who never showed up to buy our dresser last night make me a total asshole?

(Maybe.)

Kevin said it's to be expected, it's just an online sale....and to that I say: IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER! It's about being a nice person. Bitch had my phone number and everything....how hard is it to call and say "sorry we've changed our minds?"

There really should be a CL forum called "Bad Karma" or "The Forum of Shame" and everyone who rips people off, doesn't show up, has bad juju, etc gets their ass called out on it....that way, you can check to see if the person you're doing business with is a total fucktard.

So, here would be my entry:

Monica D. Trujillo SSgt 721 SFS/SFO. Don't be fooled by all the fancy trustworthy-sounding military gobbledygook behind the name. She will email you 5 times about how her cousin is going to help her move it and oh yeah, what's the address again? And then you will sit around for like 3 hours waiting, after you've totally destroyed your bedroom just to get the fucking dresser ready to move. Don't sell anything to this chick.

(Hmmmm, ya think someone has PMS?)

OK...I am feeling all bad now, like maybe she got in a wreck on the way to my house or she got hijacked on Federal or her car broke down and she was kidnapped?

Siiiggggggh. Being a bitch is incredibly guilt-inducing.

8 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ballsy email coming from someone who says "It's about being a nice person."

glad i'm on your good side for now.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger hotdrwife said...

I've always wondered about that - what happens if someone does show, etc. I hope she has the fleas of a thousand camels infesting her armpits and that her arms are too short to scratch them.

A-ha!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger hotdrwife said...

er, does NOT show ...

Proofreading is GOOD.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Howard said...

Amen, sister!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Rosie said...

So. OK. Nice isn't the right word. It isn't about being a nice person. I don't care if this chick is nice or not- she could have shown up and called me a big mother fucking bitch, as long as she had the cash and the truck to haul the shit away.

It's all about accountability.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

you get to vent!

i'd be sooo pissed if that happened to me. i'm in the same boat as you- why can't they call? i'd call. it seems like manners are a lost art nowadays. accountability! for sure!

:) sizz

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personal responsibility rules.

You tell her, Rosie :-)

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

Want to hear my fun, exciting news? I've been bitching to anyone who would listen for the last 10 years that all I'd ever need was my little tv. My parents bought it for me when I was in 8th grade (1993) and God bless the little thing is still working. It has a remote and sleep timer. What more could a girl want?
Well, apparently this girl wants the ability to watch movies. My wee TV is too old to work with the DVD player.
One Craiglist looksie later and I'm buying a new tv, dvd player and VCR (I know, can you believe it?) tomorrow for $50. Sweet heaven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home