Monday, July 24, 2006

I don't care that you don't care what I did this weekend.

So how was everyone's weekends?

On a scale of 1 - 57, I would give mine a 49.

Hey- guess what I did? I painted a dresser. Cute, huh?



I do believe this very dresser (purchased back in '99 upon moving to Colorado) is now on its 6th or 7th paint job. (Most recently it was midnight blue) Aren't the new knobs adorable? Half-price at Anthropologie!

I got reprimanded for "painting a dresser that didn't need to be painted" instead of helping with the packing....but oh yes, it needed painting and it needed it right then and there. I am like that - you gotta follow urges when they strike, otherwise....nothing ever gets done! ;)

This weekend I also: did happy hour with work folk, ate dinner at Wazee Supper Club, went to Double Daughter's for cocktails, ran into this guy I know from GMU who is now homeless and so very weird, signed a lease, ate breakfast at Mona's, watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the new one), made fish tacos, went to Body Worlds**, went for a run, read Real Simple, worked on my wristlet, went to the mall, ate watermelon, did laundry, stressed over something, watched Failure to Launch, ate a delicious salad, and misted myself to sleep at a very early hour (it was a fucking OVEN in our room!).

Uggggh, now it's Monday and yeah, you knew that.

** Body Worlds. Wayyyyyy too fucking crowded. It was 5:45 am and per usual, I was cranky as hell. People were chewing gum like cows while reading the exhibit signs over my shoulder. I just about bitchslapped someone. And why in holy hell do people - no matter what tourist attraction you're at - feel the need for serious PDA, especially -ESPECIALLY- at 6 am? Did the Penis Jerky turn them on? ICK! French kissing over a preserved diseased heart is about the most irritating scene ever.

Body Worlds was fascinating nevertheless. I didn't feel like I was looking at real people though. Next to the black lung of a smoker was a bit of tacky propaganda....a sign promoting an "I Quit" campaign to stop smoking. Like the gross black lung wasn't enough of a message? What I couldn't figure out, though, is why there wasn't a sign with the McDonald's logo crossed out next to the digusting slab of FAT of a 300 lb. person. How come people weren't signing promise slips to stop eating crap and get off their asses and exercise?

2 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Verrito said...

your weekend was very productive...

my weekend was very lazy... jejeje sin pinturas, ni máquina de coser, ni palillos ni buenas peliculas... fue de descanso... uffff

nice!!! you really love green... jijiji

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

Strangely enough, I did all of these things this weekend too!
"went for a run, read Real Simple, worked on my wristlet, went to the mall, ate watermelon, did laundry, stressed over something."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home