Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Today's important questions.

One of the weird, sucky things about our new place is that there is a house behind ours whose back porch overlooks our backyard. I mean, it's RIGHT THERE. Luckily, the people never seem to be home - at least I never see any lights on. Good thing too, because I've thought nothing about running outside in my DRAWERS to turn off the sprinkler or grab Lucy's kong.

Anyway, whoever the hell they are, they have a shit load of trash on the back porch and quite frankly, I am sick of looking at it. It's been there since we moved in August 1.

Exhibit A:


I am trying to decide on the most neighborly way to tell them that their bags of shit are pissing me off. Do I write a note or stop by in person? What's my reason? Surely aesthetics is not a strong enough reason, or is it? I have thought of telling them that it stinks....it doesn't, but that's a good reason, right? Or I thought of putting "something" below their deck and then telling them that their personal dumping ground is dripping funk all over our stuff.

Kev, who hates confrontation, is horrified at the thought of me saying anything. He even went so far as to say that we should take a ladder and climb up there and get it ourselves. HELL NO! Why the fuck can't these people take out their own damn trash? It's beyond me, the slovenliness of people. GROSS!

I don't want to make a scene and surely I am not going to stumble over there after polishing off a bottle of Shiraz, but I'm OVER THE DAMN TRASH and I am going to do something about it. Thoughts?

* * *

Also: If a new person came to work in your office building, but not directly in your department, and showed up on her first day with a tray of muffins and passed them out like a stewardess while introducing herself to everyone, what would you think?

What if she made sure to note that the muffins were homemade from apples from her grandpa's farm?

What if the muffins were kind of hardened and burned?

What if she was wearing something sparkly and sequiny under her suit?

You know, I'm just wondering......

5 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1- I am with you on the trash...100%

#2- Low self-esteem and trying to make a good impression. She needs you more than you guys need her. Be gentle. And maybe your fashion sense will rub off on her?

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blame it on your dog...say the trash doesn't bother me but whenever you let Lucy out she goes crazy in that area...would they mind moving it? God forbid her barking or running around would bother them.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

Here is what I would do. I would bake them a plate of something and go over and introduce yourself. Then I would casually drop into conversation, "Wow! How do you guys get in and out around that trash? Geez! It's going to freeze soon." Or some other passive/agressive comment to give them idea that hey you are sweet (look at the baked goods) but you aren't going to put up with their shit/trash forever (rude comment.)
But that's just me...

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is NOT a lot of trash. maybe they're on vacation, or it's bags of recycling. Did you talk to the new girl or just throw away her muffin. careful with the mojo.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Rosie said...

Kelli- Nice connection between the trash issue and the muffin girl...haha. Baked goods!

Hubs- It's like 8 bags of trash. That IS a lot. It's been there for over 3 months (it was there when we looked at the place in July). UN-ACC-EPT-ABLE. (Is it your place? Haha!)Besides, they don't have to look at it everyday. I DO!!

And of course I talked to the new girl, what do you think I am - a bitch? (don't answer that..) I even ate the muffin - I was starving! It's just a little overkill for one's first day - IMO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home