Tuesday, October 17, 2006

She had teeth as white as snow.

It's SNNNNNnnnnnoooooooWING! First snow of the season.

Those of you who don't live here and have never been here probably think that this snow is all par for the course. But lo...no. Contrary to the belief of some members of my family who have never been west of West Virginia, Denver is not snowy and pine-scented and decorated in wooden moose cut-outs. It's temperate and sunny and urban and above all, it's FLAT. It can be cold sometimes, yes. And it's true that the weather changes quickly. Sunday we golfed. Today there is a frenzy for new snowboard bindings.

And....OKKKKKK, you got me. It snows for the first time every October too. But it just seems too soon! I am still getting bathing suits in the mail! (For real. There is a package from J. Crew on my doorstep as I write this.)

Alright. I am wee bit amped. It's so cozy. Instead of "an early morning doctor's appointment" (aka. "sleeping in") yesterday morning, I should have hookied today. I could be home with a nice steaming mug of cocoa and some Oprah right now. A hot bath. Some wine. Some cheese and bread. Slippers and warm jammie pants. Christmas carols....

On to lamer things:

These Crest Whitestrips are wreaking havoc on my dentures!! Ha ha. Dentures, I don't wear dentures. But I do love the word! TEETH. My TEETH are killing me today. All in an effort for glimmering chompers. While Kevin poo-poos the Whitestrips and hates their slimy nastiness, I have to say: I love them. To me, goodness is white teeth. I value white teeth. I will suffer for the white teeth. And since the white teeth-makers are currently prohibiting me from eating salty crunchy snacks, I love them even more.

In the same vain (Get it? Vain? Lord, I'm on a roll today.), I am ready for a new look. Feel free to weigh in here: Bangs? Long swoopy bangs and some stylish layers? That's kind of what I'm thinking. I am a little scared to see my stylist - the last time I was in for highlights, I was super-duper hungover and she had to deal with my super-duper sweaty hungover brow and my super-duper sweaty hungover attitude. Bleck. Redemption is what I need. And a picture of someone's good hair. Anyone?

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1- Snow..yay!

#2- Glad I stocked up on hot chocolate, a 10 pack of chili and an 8 pack of Amy's soups...all from Costco.

#3- New look of swoopy bangs and stylish layers will look DIVINE! Go for it!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

If I die and go to heaven, it will be something like this:

a nice steaming mug of cocoa and some Oprah right now. A hot bath. Some wine. Some cheese and bread. Slippers and warm jammie pants. Christmas carols....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home