Thursday, December 07, 2006

Two very good reasons I don't work out on Wednesday nights.

This morning I sat in a glass box (at times, sealed) for an hour with a noseclip fastened on my schnozz and a tube in my mouth (at times, with no air), breathing in all speeds, forms, and manners.

It was deeply traumatizing.

(But hey! I'm ready for snorkeling!)

The best part, however, might have been when, as I stood up to leave, the respiratory therapist goes, "You only weigh XXX? I wish I only weighed XXX." Was she implying that I look fatter than what I really weigh or just being borderline inappropriate?

* * *

C'mon fess up: who's watching The Real World Denver? Don't give me that Real World sucks crap (OK, Real World sucks), you know you want to see what kind of light MTV casts our wonderful city in...

I, of course, am watching. No surprise there. But god, I'm gonna be the first to tell you that it is soooooooo boring! The cast is lame. I hate the kid who wears pink wife-beaters and calls himself a playboy. He sucks and has bad posture. And the cheerleader girl - fugly. And the Jersey girl - ew. And so far, they haven't shown any place remotely interesting or unique to Denver. And what's with all the transition shots of horse-drawn carriages? Dude, this isn't Charleston. Horse-drawn carriages are not our thing. And there are lots of shots of the butt of the 16th Street Mall bus. Jesus, I freaking hate the 16th Street Mall! They totally aren't capturing the Denver scene at all.

That said, I'm still hooked.

5 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you girls and you lbs stuff. sheesh.

i haven't watched RW yet but i will. i'm sure they'll make denver look horrid. hopefully that will help with our in-migration problem

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger hotdrwife said...

In-migration problem ... hubs, that's funny.

I haven't watched this Real World. I actually had forgotten that it was on, although I remember being pretty interested in how they'd make Denver look ...
aaaaaaaand now I know!

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's not too personal, what type of RT test were you taking?

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

I have mild/moderate "sporous" (whatever the hell that is) asthma.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Krn said...

I had an RT test like that earlier in the year. I at least found out that I'm not insane for not being able to breath a good portion of the time. The test sucked ass and freaked me out. When they tell you to keep blowing out and you have nothing left inside it's rough!

I watched the first episode of RWD. I really wanted to see what they did to the house and how they portrayed Denver. Does everyone in the world think we have horns of some kind on our walls to go with mountain cabin look? Geez.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home