Monday, October 24, 2005

Birthday weekend breakdown.

30 came and went for the K-dog, so we ushered in 31 over the weekend with maturity, style, and grace.

Well, at least with style. Look at this birthday cutie:

Birthday Boy
Originally uploaded by Rosalicious.


Kevin received the stylin' jeans in the photo from yours truly, as well as this Frommer's guide to the Yucatan peninsula. Note that he is drinking a Mexican beer! Gettin' in the spirit!
**UPDATE** Due to Hurricane Wilma, The Yucatan is now out of the question for a trip in January. Maybe the Dominican Republic?! I have to buy a new book!

Here's me:

rosalicious
Originally uploaded by Rosalicious.


My hair looks so short (it's not)!

OK-allow me to back up a little. The birthday boy's saturday morning was greeted with coffee and the paper in bed. I whipped up a tasty breakfast of veggie scramble, veggie sausage, and whole wheat toast. Although I had fantasies of serving Kevin a little breaky in bed, he is most definitely not the lying around in bed type.

We whittled away the afternoon at the Highland Dog Festival, the dog-owner geeks we are. Lucy got a pedicure and many treats, and we got margaritas and cactus tacos. Have you ever had a cactus taco? YUM! The Reals played, and were awesome, per usual.

Next, we went to dinner. Here we are, hungry for some latin-asian fusion!

we are hot!
Originally uploaded by Rosalicious.

We went to Zengo, a hip new(ish) restaurant in Riverfront Park. You know, a place where the beautiful people go! Our waitress was a girl I recognized from blogging. I felt it would be a little too nerdy in such a chi-chi environs to broach the subject, so I let it be my own little secret.

This is what we drank: guava-strawberry-sake cocktail ($9!!!), beer, bottle of sake, 2 glasses of pinot grigio.

This is what we ate: ceviche, potstickers, won ton tacos, seared tuna salad, mahi-mahi. It was all so much yummier and fancier than I just described it. Forgive me.

This is what Kevin would not let me do: tell them it was his birthday. Seriously! You should have seen the free birthday delight (or I'm assuming it's free....maybe not)....it had a sparkler on it!

This is what we paid for the whole shebang: I'm not going to be so tacky. But it was really spendy.

After dinner, we went to a lovely couple's house for a par-tay, in Sunya's honor. Kevin was greatly outnumbered by the ladies, so he left early. But not without a few customary birthday irish-car bombs....because after all, we all know Kevin is a leprechaun in Forest Service clothing! I myself had too much red wine.

And that, my friends, is what birthdays should be made of.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home