Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mental health school.

In an effort to kick some pharmaceutical company ass (ie. stop taking their drugs), I have enrolled in what I'll affectionately call "mental health school."

Next week I start a once a week, 1.5 hour class called "Mind Over Mood." I'm pretty psyched about it, actually. As long as there is no role playing...but I have the feeling there might be. I'm so not down with that! But go figure...I do it each semester with my students and I am a total ham ;-)

I also have an assignment from my therapist! It's a big ol' book called "Feeling Good" and I am to read it over the next month and report back as to what strategies I might apply to my own life. I LOVE self-help books. I have gobs of them and while I don't take them all as gospel, I enjoy the perspective. Yes, y'all, I even enjoy Dr. Phil, god bless him.

It's kind of no wonder that so many fucked up people end up becoming therapists. Once you get into it all, it is extremely interesting...I have always been intrigued with psychology and not to blow my own horn, but I get it (my therapist agrees). To some degree my job requires much psychology (communications and marketing) and I love that about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home