Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Nothing to wear.

I've made no bones about the fact that I hate shopping. Hate, with a capital H! But, you know, since I am relatively style-conscious (NOT trendy, there is a difference), every once in awhile it becomes a necessary evil.

So I am thinking that it would be nice to have a cute new skirt or dress to wear this weekend. Something springy, something stylish and flattering. Has anyone been to the mall lately? UGHHHHUGHHH! Everything is so cheap and ugly! What is with this "ragged" look? Every shirt, every skirt, looks like it's been hacked to shreds. Either that or it's too "straight out of Laguna Beach" or it's ultra-preppy. And no one sells full-on dresses anymore! Except Foley's, but have you been there too? God, who does their buying....heinous! Even my worst enemy wouldn't wear that shit.

Of course, the only place I find anything remotely worthy is at Anthropologie, where I try on a cute-as-a-button dress with a $198 price tag. This might be my only option, but I plan on trying Marshalls after work. Though that joint is so hit or miss. And it kind of smells bad in there.

This is what I get for being last minute, I suppose.

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosie,
have you checked out forever21? i am always hesitant to admit that a thing or two i own is from there. plus, their shit falls apart within days. BUT i just noticed that their summer jersey dresses have really cute prints. and they are cheap!
Sunya

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Rosie said...

Oh, I own a thing or 2 from Forever 21 myself! Ain't no shame in that! I did check it out--I didn't see any dresses in the one here though.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate to admit that i own a dress or 2 from anthropologie. they always have cute stuff that fits and doesn't fall apart after an hour on the dance floor. i usually find it's worth the price.
that being said i may stop by this weekend for some digs for an upcoming wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home