Wednesday, March 22, 2006

To polish or not to polish.

In the past week I have had 3 different people stress to me the importance of a pedicure.

Example: I was at a party last Thursday and, in typical rosalicious fashion, I was playing a little match-maker with my pool partner. What do you look for in a girl, I asked (er, OK....maybe slurred? Maybe demanded? Hard to tell...). Well, he replied right off the bat, she has to get her toes done.

Now, I can certainly understand the importance of a lack of toe jam and the foot funk in general, but are most guys really into the all out color and sheen of a freshly pedicured tootsie?

There was a time when I thought my feet looked aboslutely disgusting without any toenail polish. I'd say this was 1992, 93, 94 maybe? Since then, I've kind of liked the au-natural look. My feet are tiny and cute anyway...polish? Sorta trashy!

Maybe I should reconsider though! Last night in yoga I was thinking about this. My yoga teacher, whom I greatly admire, had a sparkly copper on her toes and it looked quite pretty! I counted at least half the class with painted toes. Yogis! With nail polish!

Do people look at my feet and think, man she could really use a pedi! It's not like I sport Manolo Blahniks and Jimmy Choos...I am a Chaco wearing girl through and through. Hmmm. I don't know if I am self-conscious about this now or not.

What do y'all think?

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually all about the Chacos myself.

I am also all about the pedicure - sans polish. I like my feet to look nice in my Chacos, but I think that polish usually looks gross - on everyone. That French pedicure crap? No thanks!

If your feet already look nice, then don't worry about it, I do not have naturally pretty feet, so I need the boost that the pedi gives me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home