Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Run rosebud run

Heyyyyyy.

I almost didn't post today because I don't have pictures from the weekend yet (Kevin has the camera with him - he's out camping and doing a 14'er with his brother) but I guess I can still tell y'all all about our adventuresome hike yesterday since we didn't *GET* any pictures of it.

Because we were so busy running from lightning.

It's kind of funny now, us up there running our asses off to lord knows where....well, to lower ground ideally, except we had never been in this area before and had no idea what the hell was around the next bend. We just ran. From IT.

IT was insanely scary. I am really freaked the fuck out by lightning (Kevin too) and this was intense - crazy bright flashing light all around us and extremely loud cracking thunder right overhead. We were kind of up in these high open meadows with hardly any cover and LOTS of burned trees from past strikes. The only choice we had was to run like hell to get somewhere OTHER than where we were. It was definitely one of my freakier sojourns into nature.

But, we obviously survived ;) I pulled my hamstring something fierce during one of our mountain sprints and let me tell you, I am getting pretty freaking sick of all these sports-type injuries! I seem to have a new one each week.

Otherwise, I partied wayyyyy too hard this weekend and I am so feeling it today. I'm looking forward to having the house to myself tonight for some much needed sober quiet time! More updates on the rest of the weekend's activities later...

Oh. Wells Fargo just called. They rock. They're emailing me a claim so they can reimburse me for what that FUCKER stole. The charges, which were initially all those $1 pending charges you get when you get gas at gas stations, finally came through. I was panicking because I had no idea what the piece of shit cab driver spent....luckily, it was only $121. If it had been one day earlier, the day before payday when I was out of money, he wouldn't have been able to buy shit, which would have been sweet ;) But he chose to rob me on PAYDAY where he could have thousands (OK, let's say at least a thousand- wink, wink) at his disposal.

My charge for the cab ride never went through - imagine that! And all the charges were for gas, at the same gas station in Aurora. Definitely the cab driver. Fucker.

4 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Howard said...

Some advice: When dealing with Wells Fargo, make sure you give them as much detail as you can. I got lazy on one Internet charge that I didn't make and they didn't approve it.

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

another note on wells fargo: they suck!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger hotdrwife said...

Karma has to be a big, scary ass bitch. HAS TO BE. I'm so sorry that happened to you!! (and I second hubs on the Wells Fargo sucking ass, too)

Assholes. The lot of'em.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

awww. i thought my wells fargo customer service lady was so sweet and helpful. i guess my tune might change if i don't get my money back....then they will suck and we can all form an official suck club or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home