Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Intensity.

I just cried for like the 5th time today. I'm having a rough one. Not just Katrina, but mostly.

(Actually I just laughed too....at the guy who went up to Dick Cheney in Mississippi and told him to go fuck himself. AWESOME.)

Yeah, I'm watching Spike Lee's documentary as I write this. You should be too. Especially those of you who support Bush and his fucked up administration. You need to see this. You need to see what a fucking imbicile runs our country. How. HOW. HOWWWWW the motherfucking HELL can ANYONE think that our President is doing a good job after what happened during/after Katrina? Pitiful. Unacceptable. Whatever words are stronger than that.

This is gut-heart-soul- wrenching. I am pretty horrified with myself too that I didn't pay more homage to it last September (if you want to read what I wrote right after the hurricane hit- go hit the archives. I'm too lazy to link. I wrote about the animals. Which still makes me feel sad.)

But not as sad as I feel right at this very second. This is absolutely despicable. Embarrassing that THIS HAPPENED IN OUR COUNTRY. I need to see this as much as the Bush supporter. We all do. It's too easy to forget or sweep it under the rug as ancient history when you're not the one down there experiencing it. We're in dry Colorado. What happens here?

Put yourself there. Imagine yourself in it. Filth and stench and long lines to wait in and darkness and fear and thirst and hunger and panic and chaos and the complete and utter stress and unknowing. Women walking around having their periods on themselves and people shitting their pants. Think about that! Be in that situation! Because our President couldn't pull it together, because his administration simply didn't care, because they were completely incompetent.

It's not about placing blame just for the sake of placing blame because it's easy. It's bigger than that. The roots are deeper. It's not a political issue. Ok, it is. The way Bush dealt with this was a direct correlation to his ability to run a country - which is nil. Republican, democrat, whatever, you should not be fucking shopping for shoes or fly fishing or vacationing while a city goes down. It is straight up arrogance and then you wonder if it is a just full-on lack of caring. The people who elected this prez and the rest of them as it trickles down should be ashamed.

Well, Kevin just got home and I am going to share these thoughts with him. Lucky Kev, right?

But I hope you're watching. And I hope it's affecting you as much as it is me.

3 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't have HBO...will have to wait for it to come out on DVD. Thanks for the review, tho!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger hotdrwife said...

Rosie: We watched this a few days ago. I think it was EXTREMELY well-done. We both talked about how we'd own it once it comes out on DVD - something to pass along to your children.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Parlancheq said...

If I didn't see it (the Katrina aftermath) on TV...over and over for days, I would not have been able to imagine that the US of A could be so friggin inept when it came to getting services and aid where they were needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home