Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Thrice.

Did y'all know that something like this exists in Denver?

The guy has a blog too. I won't go into how I found it, but suffice it to say THE WEB really is A WEB.

(Hey, no one ever said I always had the most profound things to say.)

* * *

In other exciting news, guess where I'm going?

That's right! To celebrate with my lady friends the fact that, at 30, we have flawless skin, youthful features, and can still probably drink all y'all under the mother 'effing table!

Being 30 rocks and just keeps on rocking.

* * *

My little sister started MIDDLE SCHOOL yesterday. My heart felt kind of hurty and anxious for her. I heard the apprehension in her voice about not knowing anyone and it was simultaneously adorable and frightening. I was such a shy little girl at her age, so meek and small and inadequate. I think Sophie is a lot different than I was, but still......my hurty heart for her.....it was there. Resurrected.

I told Kev this morning that I probably wouldn't be able to bear dropping my kid off for their first day of school - seeing that heart-breaking bit of fear and nervousness would be too painful for me, since I remember those feeling of my own at that age.

And his response?

Oh my god! I LOVED school! That just meant more kids to play with! I was so excited when school started!

(This from a catholic school boy who went to school all 12 years with the same guys who all lived in the same neighborhood.)

Regardless, typical Kevin. Today is HIS first day of school. He's all cute - getting his school supplies ready and his schedule figured out and preparing to go in to his classes and make lots of new! buddies!

Nah, not really. He's at home right now fixing my bike. But it's a precious thought, isn't it?

5 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Howard said...

Ooo! Ooo! You're going to Cancun! Am I right?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

naturally! where else do 4 sassy chicks on a budget go?!

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...and can still probably drink all y'all under mother effing table!"

that sounds like a challenge.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Game on baby! Under the gazebo when you get back...Denver Bloggers, come one, come all for a Rosie Drinkapalooza Fest!

Uh oh...best be careful what I say before I have a bunch of shitfaced bloggers congregating on my patio!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

i think someone WANTS it to be a challenge ;-)

i did say "probably" - i don't want to write any checks my body can't cash (ha! that line rocks!)

regardless - i'm always up for boozing. i don't need a game for that!

kath- you should be worried about all the shitfaced bloggers passing out all over your house. so, when can we come congregate, anyway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home