Friday, August 25, 2006

Taken anything yummy to a picnic lately?

FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS PART, IT'S JUST ME THROWING AN E-TANTRUM:

OhmyGOD. Fucking Blogger. Can you BE any slower? Uggggg. I am so over this fucking shit! Someone help - HOW do I put my blog someplace better? Do they all have issues like this? Dude, I'm being taken advantage of for being an e-tard. Just because something is free doesn't mean it has to suck, though. I can't sit for 20 minutes while a page loads. It drivvvveeessss me fucking CRAZY! AHHAHHAHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Blogger you are some serious suckage right now. Bitchmoanbitchmoan. Wahhhhh.If I could, I would stamp my feet and yell that I hated you, but I don't want you to get mad and lose my stuff. You are driving me FUCKING BATSHIT UP THE WALL!!!! Get your shit together! Get me out of here!!!!!!

(Obviously I will never become a Blogger "blog of note" with this attitude.)

Blogger bitching aside - my blog definitely needs some prettying up. Also, the more "slick and professional and hiply-designed" blogs get more play. People come here and think -oh, it's a BLOGGER TEMPLATE... LATER. Which annoys me to some degree, since I visit of these said "awesome looking" blogs that everyone links to and read them and their 131 comments and am like "what the fuck?" Devoid of anything remotely entertaining. Just a bunch of stupid people leaving vapid comments so they'll get hits. Blogland High....

But still. I want a goddamn pretty blog. And I want it to be fucking FAST and I want to be able to post whenever I fucking want to, damnnit.

(The PMS. Apparently it just spoke.)



OK. YOU CAN COME BACK NOW. E-TANTRUM HAS SUBSIDED.


Alrighty then, before we were so rudely interrupted by the P-MonSter and Blogger's completely sucky performance, I was going to lament my lack of a potluck/cookout go-to dish.

Everytime I am faced with a cookout (either my own or someone else's) I become mildly stressed over what to bring. One of my main worries is that someone else will have already made it. Case in point: last weekend I showed up with homemade pico de gallo and homemade guacamole. What else was also there? Oh, let's see....some store-bought 7-layer dip, more salsa, some mango salsa, and about 37 bags of tortilla chips. I know my choice was probably rather picnic-cliche, but I just really wanted some fucking guacamole.

Now, for tomorrow's BBQ I already have what I am making picked out. But it wasn't without frantically searching Whole Foods and Epicurious for that unique, no-one-else-will-make-this perfect something. And I sure as hell AM NOT the type to pull in to a Safeway and grab a bag of chips or that gross yellow potato salad. No way, Jose. I MAKE. Trust me, you want me at your cookout.

So people. What do you guys bring to cookouts? What's your special go-to picnic dish?

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Howard said...

I feel your frustrations. Well, not anymore. I'm still working on making sure the blog looks good (have to edit each post again, but it'll be worth it), but it's a nice to know that when I hit save on a note, the post is immediately available.

The only thing I miss is the editing window Blogger has. It's the best I've seen. I may just log into Blogger edit my post and then drag the HTML over to my blog to post. Other than that, it's nice to be able to edit comments, not just delete them and such.

To answer your question, I normally volunteer to bring paper products since the only thing I'm good at -- cooking-wise -- is baking. And during the summer. Me no want to make kitchen hot.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about a nice heirloom tomato, basil, mozzarella salad with a bit of balsamic and a dash of olive oil. that is usually a big hit-
or what about a chilled isreali couscous dish with fresh chopped herbs? small but tasty!
or maybe, just maybe a sweet corn salad. throw in some black beans and chopped herbs and a meal it makes.
good luck- i know you'll come through with lots of happy tummies.

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually bring one of three things :

#1- Booze

#2- Yummy bakery brownies

#3- Famous Dave's BBQ sampler platter

And I volunteer to clean up at the end.

I do not cook...at all.

But I can clean with the best of them!

And yes...Blogger sucketh big time. A ton of the blogs I read are Blogger blogs.

I love my blog provider...

www.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home