Monday, August 28, 2006

Lucylicious

I didn't want you all to have to start your Mondays with the gawdawful blogger-sucks bitchfest below, so instead, I picked for you the cutest thing I could find.

Mama's baby girl as a wee lil' muffin eater!


puppy love
Originally uploaded by Rosalicious.



(I know. I know. I should be shot in the rump with a big dose of testosterone to take my squeals of baby-talk down a notch.)

Saturday night, under the influence of a great deal of Shiraz, I was chatting with a girl I just met about crazy dog owners - um, kind of like the ones whose house we were at. They have a yellow lab with thom they are obsessed. She's a sweet dog, but very labby and very bratty with her toys and does not share with my little punkin'. Anyway...I declared loudly (according to Kevin, everyone heard): WE ARE NOT LIKE THEM, WE ARE NOT CRAZY DOG OWNERS, OH NO. WE ARE NOT OBSESSED WITH OUR DOG. WE DO NOT SPOIL OUR DOG.

(And right then, Lucy puked up her dinner in the backyard and I immediately started fretting about and patting her "hurt wittle tummy" then cleaning it up before the other dog came over and ate it all up.)

Quite clearly, my head was not on straight because YES. YES WE DO SPOIL OUR DOG AND WE ARE FAR WORSE THAN ANY DOG OWNER I KNOW.

So here I am to say that I take it all back. We are in fact the most indulgent, self-absorbed dog owners in town.

And there is absofuckinglutely nothing wrong with that.

Happy Monday!

5 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Howard said...

I firmly believe that we love our pets far more than we do our relatives. Why?

When our pets are suffering we let them go.

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mama! I love you and Daddy too!

You are the best parents on the planet :-)

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Rosie said...

aww, thanks little snickerpoops. just for that, you get an extra long run tonight (good for us both, seeing as mama did have a greasy taco salad for lunch) and a "get out of jail free card" for the cat turds and used condom we found on the carpet yesterday.

smooches and licks**,
mama

**only after one of your minty bones, of course.

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy uses condoms? Wow...I'm impressed! How utterly responsible :-)

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Hazel Myers said...

Great readding your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home