Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A show I saw, plus: the reason I have a huge bruise on my leg.

Well, let's put it this way: you definitely didn't hear it here first. The Lips/Ween show kicked ass and if you're one of the multitude of Colorado bloggers who were in attendance, you already knew that.

However, if you're someone just stopping by for a quick peek into my humble little life...then here you go: THE FLAMING LIPS AND WEEN SHOW KICKED ASS!

Behold! There is flickrfiable evidence!

(And there's more where these came from.)

I've always said, never date a man who doesn't dance:

you drive me crazy with that boogie oogie oogie oogie oogie
Originally uploaded by Rosalicious.



These green balloons were a great source of herbal-induced delight:

happy colored marbles that are rolling in our heads
Originally uploaded by Rosalicious.



He's definitely no Juan, but he still rules:

waving my dick in the wind
Originally uploaded by Rosalicious.



(Crikey! My titles are competing with the flickr titles! Which is wittier? Ween lyrics or rosalicious commentary? Crikey!)

One other thing that was also kinda special about the show was that we ran into this girl -Jules- who came with us the last time Ween played Red Rocks back in 2002. She met the guy who is now her husband at that show.....and we hadn't seen her since! It was truly a weenderful coincidence (Here it is that I dodge imaginary hurled food stuffs.)

Whew. Alrighty then. The Ween recap is out of the way. Now I can get on with why I really came on to post today:

We moved! It sucked! Holy hell. Moving is so hard. It never used to be this hard. Do I just have more shit now than I used to? Am I not as young and spry? A combo? I am battered and bruised and sore. Did I mention bruised? And last night I went to bed reeking of Clorox.

So, I'd invite y'all over to check out our new digs, but since the joint is in complete and utter disarray, I think we'd best wait until Everything Is Perfect. Is that OK with everyone?

Teerrrrrific. I knew you'd understand. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to the work I haven't been doing due to the THREE HOURS it took me to post this.....if Blogger were a car in traffic, I'd be the one riding its ass and laying on the horn.

6 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger African Kelli said...

Love the photos! It looks like you guys had a rockin' good time!

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS ROSIE!
We saw the Lips last week with Thievery Corp. and it was awesome. The Hollywood Bowl is the place for music in this concrete hell aka as LA.
Looks ike you had as much fun as we did. I was very busy watching all the little kids run around dancing...yes babies are on the brain. with the BC out the window you maybe an auntie soon.....
stay tuned

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger hotdrwife said...

HAHAHAHA!

"If Blogger were a car in traffic ..."

That is priceless.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'WEEnderful'...love that word!

Congrats on finishing the move...am sure it will be spic and span in no time!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Howard said...

That is so cool you guys had such a good time. And congrats on the move.

I also would like to lodge a compliant against Blogger. I thinking of moving my blog to another service, but like you said, "Moving is so hard".

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

howard, moving is pretty easy to wordpress.

great photos rosie, looks like you had a total time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home