Monday, March 06, 2006

In need of a sandwich.

In preparation for my new impending relationship with food, I am fasting. Spring cleaning, so to speak. And I feel....

LIKE SHIT! UGHHGAHHHHH! I want to die. I am so achy and cold and feverish and grumpy...oh yes, am I grumpy! I know it will slowly get better. Am I a total freak for starting (officially) my fast on a Monday?

Today it is gorgeous outside! Instead of lunch, I sat outside on campus and read. I am sunburned from yesterday (also gorgeous out) and it feels GOOD. The sunshine and warmth is making me happier by the second. Spring, o ye are only 2 weeks away! There are tulips coming up in the yard...this fills me with great joy!

The weekend was spent in a very inward, domestic way. I did some spring (house)cleaning on Saturday, aquainted myself with Hendie's new needle routine, did some yard work, read, napped, ran, walked Lu to the dog park, and ate only fruits and veggies...with a little brown rice thrown in. I cheated last night and had a glass of wine with my Oscars. Hey, today is the start of the nothingness. I didn't have coffee today and I am dying.

Bitch, moan. Bitch, moan. That's what this blog is for, right?

Work stuff: I don't talk about it but let's I am supremely irritated...which is only exacerbated by the fact that I HAVEN'T HAD SHIT TO EAT! RRRRRrrrrrrr.

Once I'm done cleansing my system I start rebuilding my health with Jen's menu plan. More water, less salt (my sodium intake was through the roof!), more whole foods (I have to ditch the non-fat shit), more variety, more balance...those are some of the focus areas. I know, you're probably thinking that all of this sounds terribly basic, but trust me--there's more to it, a science behind all of the combinations, if you will. And don't worry, I'm not going to become some militant foodie who eats her organic soy cheese while leering judgmentally at your slice of processed cheddar. Please, I don't even like soy cheese!

Anyway, I'm sorry for the intrinsic lameness of this post. Stringing a sentence together is proving incredibly difficult at the moment. A fast'll do that to ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home