Friday, August 04, 2006

My Friday Night.

I took a much-needed mental health day today. I had all these expectations of doing some nurturing and care of my weary self and spirit...but ahhhhhh. Not so much.

We went to see Manu Chao last night at the Fillmore with Shar and Alex. I was NOT expecting the crowd - wow. So many people! I absolutely LOVE Manu and to my knowledge, this is the first time he's played anywhere I've lived. He is a small guy with huge energy....the whole show I kept trying to categorize the music....world beat, obvs. Global hippie? Some reggae and punk in there for sure. We danced like mad and drank vodka. There was a lot of sweat involved.

Kevin left today for 10 days to go hike some AT. (That's Appalachian Trail to you non-outdoorsy folk.) I felt a little sad dropping him off at the airport (another reason work got the big dis today)....but breaks are good! Making the heart fonder and all that. So helllllllooooooo, I am a free woman! Hear me rrrrrraaaaaaaarhhhhhhrrrrr!

Heh. Not really. But it is good, as I said. ME TIME.

(Drinking wine right now. And this entry isn't even the least bit funny.)

I am sooooooo tired. I didn't rest and contemplate and read and yoga today. I worked around here, as there is still so much to put away and do. I am not a good sitterarounder - if there is shit to be done, I am on it.

We got cable today. (Work dis reason #3). TV and internet. We have so many channels I don't even know where to start! Neither of us are TV people but it was actually cheaper to get all the movies and whatnot. I am so electronically uninclined....the fucking remote is freaking me out with all its crap. And the internet. Well, yes. Here we are. It's cable and it's fast. Our last internet was wireless so the whole having-a-wire deal bites right now.

Well, that's all I got. Sorry. Lame. Goodnight.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Howard said...

Is that the same Manu that played drums on several Eurythmics albums? That would be cool!

Enjoy the freedom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home