Monday, November 13, 2006

Quick, post something!

I've got about 15 minutes before I go get my ass kicked. I've started taking a step class after work to counter the fattening lunches I am forced to eat on Mondays by way of being a Director where I work. Today: Indian Lunch Buffet at Taj Masala. Yum! But also, ouch. My love for Saag Paneer wrote some checks my body can't cash. (Oh! how I love that line!) 'Twas a tasty lunch, even though I have been regretably sitting in my own fried curry stink for hours now.

Anyway. Step class on Mondays is 1.5 hours long. The first hour is spent, well, stepping. Stepping up, stepping down, stepping all around. It's super intense aerobically. Boring as hell, but it's definitely a full-on 60 minutes of major caloric burn. (The rest is straight-up muscle work. Dudes, you should see my GUNS.)Thursday's step class is shorter and less aerobically intense, but more interesting because it's choreographed and challenging and only special people who used to be dancers and cheerleaders can get the footwork down. Tonight's class merely involves lots of moves of the over-and-over-again variety. Over and over and over and over and over. And even though tonight I potentially might vomit on account of the lunch buffet I so freely grazed from, I still really like my class and look forward to it each and every Monday.

[witty closing line about love of organized exercise being so unlike me here]

By golly. I've suddenly morphed into a middle-aged woman.

Unrelated P.S. Has anyone seen the movie Shopgirl? What about Running with Scissors? You like?

2 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Snoskred said...

I'm trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) Yes I believe that was from Top Gun, one of my favourite all time movies. I recently bought a special edition of it on dvd, with commentary track. Fascinating! If you're a fan of the movie you can't live without it.. ;)

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Howard said...

60 minutes??? Good lord! Can you even walk right now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home